Tuesday 20 March 2012

An Average Woman

Well, here I am, for the 1st time in the land of blogging. I've wanted to blog for a few years now but didn't know what I could share that had any significance to "the world". Every major theme that I thought of seemed to already be out there. Marriage, parenting, stay at home mom, God, faith, Bible, food, diet, crafts.... its all been done. But today I thought of something that I often say to my husband. All of my life I have felt very average. I have many interests and hobbies and have some knowledge in a few topics but I have never excelled at anything.

Often when I read blogs I feel inadequate. I read about "confessions of a stay at home mom" and how they struggle with kids or time and then I see pictures of beautiful crafts they've accomplished, or picture perfect kids all smiling, or a beautiful woman with stylish hair and clothes. I wonder, who am I to write about crafts when my work is full of mistakes or my creativity needs a jump start from a google search? Who am I to write about a weight loss journey when I have lost and gained weight several times?

I am just an average woman. And you know what, maybe that's not such a bad thing. Maybe there are more people out there who feel like I do and would be encouraged by what I have to say. So, today I am starting my blog. My small place in the world where I can share more publicly about my life, thoughts, hopes and dreams.

Here I will write about many different topics, thoughts, hobbies and interests. I will be writing from the perspective of an average woman - a woman who enjoys hobbies but is not exceptionally talented in any one area, a woman who needs to work hard to accomplish whatever goal she has set out to complete, a woman who is intelligent but far from genius. I will write about the good and the bad. Sometimes my life & home will be picture perfect, sometimes far from it. Sometimes I will have something very insightful to say from a Scripture verse that I read, sometimes I will have questions and struggles. Sometimes I will be encouraging, sometimes I will need to be encouraged.

It will all be here. I hope that you, dear reader, will relate to what I have to say. I hope that you will be encouraged or be the encourager. Happy reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Welcome to the world of blogging! Looking forward to following along. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amber :) I'm very nervous but enjoying it too. And I love your blog!

      Delete